Student Elective Term GrantsApplication process beginning for SET 2018-19
Spread the word about SET grants!
It’s time to start thinking about doing a Student Elective Term in 2018-19! SET is one of the primary tools to encourage the younger generation of healthcare professionals to integrate Christian faith with professional practice. SET is for students in graduate level healthcare-related programs such as medical school, dental school, masters in nursing program, masters in social work, physical therapy, public health, etc.
Often, students in their next to last year will want to think about internship opportunities in their final year. You can help spread the word as students take a break for the holidays. Use the following tools in your offices, congregations, communities, and families.
- Flyer. A simple 8.5 X 11 flyer/poster for downloading.
- Forward it to student prospects.
- Print it on a color printer.
- Post it on bulletin boards.
- Insert in church bulletins or mailboxes.
- Web link. The SET page provides details as well as information and application forms.
- Introduction. PDF download: SET Requirements & Timeline
- Application. Download the application form
- Here is a short announcement that can be used in bulletins and/or newsletters.
Graduate Students in Healthcare Professions: Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship (MHF) offers educational grants for Anabaptist students to learn and serve in cross-cultural mission/service settings in developing countries. Deadline for 2018-19 academic year is May 15, 2018. For details and application form, see www.mennohealth.org/SET/, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-888-406-3643.